What would make a REALLY interesting and fun forum? How can we start conversations?
What do we say? How do we say it? This is your space. We want YOU to decide!
Jaqueline Wilson books (19468 posts)
Latest post by Mandy Apple Sweeties at 5:28 pm Sat 22 Feb 2020
Here you chat about Jacqueline's books
Further reading suggestions (8467 posts)
Latest post by Sunset Harmony Wink at 8:29 am Sun 23 Feb 2020
What else do you think is a good read?
Random Chatter! (85186 posts)
Latest post by Scarlet Orange Nightingale at 1:46 pm Fri 21 Feb 2020
Chat about whatever you like!
The Hetty Feather Adventures (8290 posts)
Latest post by Fabulous Strawberry Starburst at 3:32 pm Mon 17 Feb 2020
Here you can discuss Hetty Feather's adventures.
Ideas for new Jacqueline Wilson books! (7837 posts)
Latest post by Bella Echo Meadowlark at 6:38 pm Sun 23 Feb 2020
Do you have any ideas for new Jacqueline Wilson books? Discuss them here!
Hetty Feather's Christmas! (1 post)
Latest post by jwCMSadmin at 3:27 pm Mon 11 Dec 2017
Have you read the brand new Jacqueline Wilson book Hetty Feather's Christmas yet?
If you have then tell us what was your favourite bit? Who was your favourite character? And, who is y...
The Gossip: Tips
These are to make The Gossip easier and suitable for you all to use. Messages containing the following might not necessarily be deleted but they might be edited to make them appropriate:
- Use a SPOILER alert! If you are giving away plots about any of Jacqueline’s books so other users who may not have read the book will know you are giving away some of the story. This is what the SPOILER alert is for. Think ‘By saying this, am I going to SPOIL the enjoyment of the book for people who haven’t read it?’ To add a spoiler alert just type – in CAPS to make it more impactful – SPOILER ALERT! At the start of your message!
- Try not to post repetitive topics, for example: before starting a new topic, check if someone else has already started a similar one, you could join their chat.
- Avoid typing rows and rows of emoticons or single letters or characters like exclamation marks – messages packed with these only clog up the system and we’ll probably delete them so they don’t block other messages
- Stay on topic of other posted threads. Make sure you read what others have written and you are responding to that conversation. If you want to start a new topic, think about what you want to talk about and make sure you title your topic clearly.
- Watch your sense of humour, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.
- Talking about sensitive subjects: We think it’s great that you feel you can post your dilemmas and give advice to each other. However, we won’t be allowed to post problems of a very serious nature. If you feel like you’re in trouble and have no-one or no-where to turn, please contact Childline who will be able to help you: 0800 1111
- And finally, please be patient! Because we have to check every message for all of the above, and because so many of you are using The Gossip, sometimes it can take a while for your message to appear. If you’ve respected the above rules and guidelines then your message WILL appear eventually
Despite the above Tips and our vigilance, if you strongly feel that any particular post should not be on the board then please do email us at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading! The Jacqueline Wilson website team! xoxoxo
The Gossip: Rules
We aim to keep The Gossip a fun, friendly and safe place for ALL members to use. The Gossip is moderated very closely and all messages are carefully checked before they are approved to appear on the boards. Remember, fans of all ages are here so please read and respect the Rules, and be considerate in making sure your message is suitable for everyone to read.
- Remember the Golden Rule: treat others as you would like to be treated!
- No swearing
- No insults, bullying or nastiness to other users
- No personal details including surnames, phone numbers, home addresses or email addresses
- No citing exact locations e.g. ‘I go to Hillside School in Westbury Village’
- No attempts to make arrangements to meet any other users in person
- Do not post URLs to external websites
- No messages directly addressing Jacqueline – if you’d like to send Jacqueline a message use the ‘Contact Us’ page which is linked to at the bottom of each page on the website.
- Absolutely no posing as or pretending to be Jacqueline Wilson! We WILL know if you are Jacqueline or not!
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. Please don’t share your login with anyone.
- The forum moderators have the final say over what content is edited or removed!
Despite the above Rules and our vigilance, if you strongly feel that any particular post should not be on the board then please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading! The Jacqueline Wilson website team! xoxoxo
“We”, “us” and “our” mean The Random House Group Limited.
“Website” means this website.
“Working days” means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.
“You” and “your” mean the person using the Website.
Random House takes your online privacy seriously. You may visit this Website anonymously as often as you like without providing any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or email address). We do not collect personally identifying information from you except when you specifically provide it, and we protect the information we receive. With your consent we may gather personal information from you through Website surveys, competitions and newsletters. We do not generally link your name to cookies unless you specifically provide your name to us as part of surveys, competitions and newsletters, and we do not share it with third parties which are not affiliated with Random House without obtaining your consent first. Please read below for a further explanation of the information we gather and how we use it.
3. Collection of data and how information we hold about you can be used
As you explore our Website you will come across places in which we ask you to provide us with information about yourself. We explain each of these below. We will not use your name or email address for any purpose other than as stated.
Services Requiring Account Registration
3.1. We require that you register an account with us prior to using certain services provided through the Website. These services include all bulletin boards, forums or comment or review functions.
3.2. If you wish Random House to cease using your data provided during account registration or Website use, please remove your details from the ‘My Account’ section of the Website. Please be aware that by doing this you will not be able to take advantage of many of our features. If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please update your details in the My Account section. We will then correct our records.
3.5. By registering with us, you are agreeing that Random House may use the information you provide to us and information about your account for marketing purposes. This will include sending you marketing by email if you have indicated in the My Account section of the Website that you wish to receive email marketing from us.
3.6. We may use the information that you provide to contact you in relation to any content that you post using a bulletin board, forum or comment or review function in the event of a query or dispute.
3.7. In order to receive email newsletters we require you to provide an email address to which the newsletter will be sent. We may also use this email address for marketing purposes. This will include sending you marketing by email if you have indicated that you wish to receive email marketing from us. We will not pass information provided for the purposes of receiving the newsletter to third parties unless necessary for providing a newsletter.
3.8. All of our email newsletters include instructions on how to unsubscribe. Please follow these instructions to remove yourself from our individual lists.
Competitions and Surveys
3.9. We may ask for your email address and your name (along with a competition answer), so that we can contact you in the event that you win a competition. If you decide to participate, we will not use your name or email address for any purpose other than as stated in the applicable competition terms.
3.10. On occasion, we seek to gather a broader profile of some of the visitors to sections of this site (e.g. through surveys or competitions). The information that we request, may be provided to our editorial, marketing or publicity departments and our content providers, such as authors, advertisers or other publishers, to provide them with demographic information about the visitors to our site and this will be stated prior to your participation in any survey or competition to which it applies.
Email and Feedback and Enquiries
3.11. In some areas of the Website we ask for your feedback, opinions, suggestions, or invite enquiries and provide you with a link or other means for contacting us. We will only use the contact address we receive from you and any other information that you provide for the purpose of responding to your enquiries or suggestions. In doing so, we may refer your details to the appropriate person or company whether a third party or within Random House.
Use of User Generated Content Functions
3.12. You should be aware that if you disclose personal information in content that you provide for bulletin boards, forums or comment or review functions that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. When using these functions you should remember that you are legally liable for the material you post, including for libel, copyright infringement and any other liability (please see the Acceptable Use Policy in the Terms for further information).
4. Storage and Disclosure of Personal Data
We will retain the data we hold concerning you for as long as it is necessary to do so. We will retain and/or disclose your personal data to authorised authorities without your consent where we are required to do so under the law.
Cookies are electronic tags that most websites place on your computer in the process of sending your computer a file, such as a web page. We use them as well. A cookie can tell us when a computer that has previously visited our site returns, and what pages it requests on each of its visits. Cookies help us keep track of how our visitors (or more accurately, their computers) use our site, including such things as the type of browser they use, the frequency of their visits and the pages that are most popular. They can help smooth your travel through our site by keeping track of information that has already been provided by your computer so that you do not need to re-enter it.
In no event does the cookie we place on your computer tell us anything about your visits to other websites (except those you enter through a link on our site), or your use of the internet in any other way.
6. Links to other sites
7. Security of private information
We would like to be able to tell you that the personal information you provide us with is absolutely safe. Unfortunately, several well-publicised instances of computer security breaches make it impossible for anyone to be so confident. However, we take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from theft, alteration or unauthorized inspection.
8. Parents and guardians
We encourage you to get involved with your children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating. We also ask you to check back here regularly to see what our latest policies are, particularly those relating to children. You should be aware that if your children voluntarily disclose their names, email addresses or other information on bulletin boards, forums, comment or review or other participatory areas of websites, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We suggest that you discourage your child from providing such information on these Websites or elsewhere unless you are confident that the information will not be misused.
9. Contact Us