Fun & GamesMute sound
This competition has now closed!
GIRLS LIKE US video competition!
Do you love Jacqueline Wilson's historical novels like Hetty Feather and Diamond? Then you could star in our monthly GIRLS LIKE US video all about girls who love history! Create a video showing us how much you love history to enter!
All you need to do is upload your video to YouTube, and ask your parents to email us a link to the video at firstname.lastname@example.org along with their permission (see Terms and Conditions)!
Submissions will not be accepted after 28th May. Up to 5 winners will be featured in the GIRLS LIKE US history themed video and they will also receive fantastic Hetty Feather goodies from the Foundling Museum! One lucky winner will also receive a Hetty Feather Journal and all four books in the Hetty Feather series!
Closing date: Midnight on 28th May 2015! Good Luck!
Up to 5 winners will be featured in the GIRLS LIKE US history themed video and they will also receive fantastic Hetty Feather goodies from the Foundling Museum! One lucky winner will also receive a Hetty Feather Journal and all four books in the Hetty Feather series!
This competition has now closed!
Competition Terms & Conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to anyone aged 13 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (the promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition. The promoter cannot accept entries from entrants aged 12 or under and parents or guardians must enter on their behalf.
- The closing date for the competition is midnight GMT 28th May 2015 (closing date). Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Responsibility will not be accepted for lost or damaged entries, whether due to system error or otherwise. Proof of entering the competition via email@example.com is not proof of the promoter’s receipt of entry.
- The main prize is your video being featured in the monthly GIRLS LIKE US video. Up to 5 winners will also receive Hetty Feather goodies from the Foundling Museum. One winning entry will also receive a Hetty Feather Journal and all four books in the Hetty Feather series. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Events may occur which render the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend any of the prizes with or without notice.
- The competition will be judged within 2 days of the closing date (i.e. by 28th May 2015) and the winners will be notified email within a day of the closing date (i.e. 29th May 2015)
- The winners agree to the promoter’s use of their name, town of residence and video in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
- The promoter will use your personal information only for the purposes of this competition. Your personal details will not be kept on file by the promoter and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- By entering this competition, you grant to the promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use your video as posted on YouTube in connection with the promotion and administration of this competition and the promotion of books by Jacqueline Wilson and to amend, abridge or otherwise modify the video as the promoter may consider necessary for such purposes.
- By entering this competition, you warrant that your video is original to you and does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity, that everyone who appears in the video has consented to appear and waives all rights in relation to the promoter’s use of the video and that any personal information included in the video is included with the consent of the person to whom the information relates. Further, you agree to indemnify the promoter in respect of any loss, damage or cost that the promoter suffers or incurs due to your breach of the warranties in this clause.
- The winners’ names will be available on www.jacquelinewilson.co.uk on 29th May 2015.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter’s contact details are: Random House Children's Publisher’s UK, Marketing Department, 61 - 63 Uxbridge Road, London, W5 5SA.